Image of a t-shirt. The image of a plain white T-shirt, perhaps Hanes, may come to mind: sharp, classic, unpretentious. And of course, while there’s a certain beauty to the simplicity and timelessness of the traditional white t-shirt, it’s still a bit basic. A bit unfinished. It’s almost a blank canvas.
The artist duo named 2 Side Bassett The Complicated Tour 2023 Shirt saw this creative potential in the structure of a T-shirt and conceived an exhibition called Blue Collar with the T-shirt at its core . On view now through November 4 at LA’s TSHIRTRCLASSIC in West Hollywood, Blue Collar includes a space with 62 T-shirts hanging from the ceiling. The products on display are hand-stitched from indigo-dyed fabric spanning three centuries and sourced from many parts of the world.
2 Side Bassett The Complicated Tour 2023 Shirt,hoodie, sweater, longsleeve and ladies t-shirt
Don’t miss the chance! Come and grab one gift for you or your friend. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you want another color or a different style, you can visit TSHIRTCLASSIC
- Solid colors are 100% cotton; Heather colors are 50% cotton, 50% polyester (Sport Grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester); Antique colors are 60% cotton, 40% polyester.
- Made from specially spun fibers that make very strong and smooth fabric, perfect for printing.
- Knitted in one piece using tubular knit, it reduces fabric waste and makes the garment more attractive.
- Ribbed knit makes the collar highly elastic and helps retain its shape.
- Twill tape covers the shoulder seams to stabilize the back of the garment and prevent stretching.
- Machine wash: warm (max 40C or 105F); Non-chlorine: bleach as needed; Tumble dry: medium; Do not iron; Do not dryclean.
- We try our best to make sure every customer is completely satisfied.
- If you are happy with your purchase, please consider posting a positive review for us. This helps us to continue providing great products and helps potential buyers to make confident decisions.
- If you are not happy with the purchase, please contact us to resolve the problem.
“We just copied a vintage American T-shirt, and that’s it,” Grocott told me bluntly as he and Dwyer took me on a tour of the exhibition just before the opening. “I’m always deconstructing things, and I had this huge block of material, and I was thinking about how I could deconstruct it and turn it into individual parts. Fabric creates this classic, basic shirt. It’s a very modest shirt that speaks to everyone.” 2 Side Bassett The Complicated Tour 2023 Shirt
It is the ubiquitous function of the everyday T-shirt that underscores Blue Collar’s larger theme as a reflection of working-class America, especially in the Los Angeles Garment District. The 62 dangling T-shirts sway and rotate slowly from strips of artist’s fabric that Grocott cut out, creating a sense of movement and bustle reminiscent of a factory or warehouse. Meanwhile, the soundtrack composed by TSHIRTCLASSIC plays in the background, acting as a kind of sound poetry sampling from different cultures and nationalities. The result is an eerie, twisted sound that creates tension between billowing T-shirts.
“Our process is very much based on the idea that things have their own lifecycle and one thing turns into the next,” Dwyer told me as she elaborated on Blue Collar’s origins . “That’s the way David has always worked; this is his nuanced response to the working class in America versus some kind of political statement. It came from walking around LA and watching all these people working and making things happen.”